Sunday, January 27, 2019

GATHERED IN HIS NAME


GATHERED IN HIS NAME
Sunday, January 27, 2019

Matthew 18:19-20 Again I [Jesus] say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven. For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

  Several years ago I spent a week at a lake with one of my cousins. As we were driving down there we decided that at mealtime we would take turns saying grace.
  The first meal she prayed and we ate. The next meal I prayed and immediately after I said “Amen” she started praying. This routine continued the rest of the week with her adding a postscript each time it was my turn to pray.
  It was never mentioned, but I do know that every other meal there could be no doubt that there were two of us gathered in His name. It was a sweet experience! She had been diagnosed with cancer and I had been alone only a short time so those moments of holding hands and lifting each other up in prayer gave each of us the added strength and faith we needed at that time in our lives.
Leslie Nivens

No comments:

Post a Comment