Thursday, January 17, 2019

GOING BEYOND THE FIRST MILE


GOING BEYOND THE FIRST MILE
Thursday, January 17, 2019

Matthew [CEV] 5:41  If a soldier forces you to carry his pack one mile, carry it two miles.

  Just when I thought I was getting better I relapsed. Consequently I’m again on medication for bronchitis. In the process of going to, being fitted in my doctor’s busy schedule, and the return trip home I encountered a number of second milers, individuals that went beyond what their employment required of them.
  Explaining today’s verse: Roman occupation soldiers were not typically nice guys. They didn’t like Jews, Jews didn’t like them. Roman soldiers could legally require civilians to carry their pack or load for a mile. It didn’t matter what the civilian was doing at the moment, they had to comply or suffer. Jesus taught blessed continuance; a principle going beyond employment obligation.
  Walgreen pharmacist and tech assistant, convenience store (gas station) employee all exemplified this code of kindness that Jesus taught. In thanking them I briefly explained how they fulfilled His teaching.
  I was blessed and sparked, and pray you are too as you ponder Jesus words recorded in Matthew 5:41.
EBB4
 
   

No comments:

Post a Comment