Sunday, January 20, 2019

PARADIGMS


PARADIGMS
Sunday, January 20, 2019

As we think, so we are. (Pr.23:7)

  Paradigm: a model, pattern, standard.
  We all personally live according to a paradigm, the model that sets the ways of our life. A paradigm is made up of what we believe about self, life and death. Prior to my trusting Jesus as the Redeemer my paradigm was largely made up of birth family model, neighborhood and national Caucasian identity and culture, state school education, and a smattering of secularized Christmas and Easter religion.
  The personal paradigm that influences our moment by moment, daily and long term living might be summed up in a single word or phrase: sex, food, pleasure, get wealth, be accepted, gain rank, my rights, strive for perfection, self-pity, avoid conflict, embrace conflict, control, be a fixer, et al.
  After trusting Christ I realized an initial paradigm shift that is still continuing; my view of self, life and death changed and is continuing to change. The model I strive to live and mature by is in the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit made real to me by ongoing edification by His message to us; His Holy Word (The Bible).
  I encourage investigating your paradigm and thereby understanding why you act the way you do, and ask yourself if it is centered in thinking in manner pleasing to God. (Rom.12:1-3)
EBB4

PS. I knew a man that believed death is annihilation, oblivion, extinction. I liked and respected him though his paradigm affected every aspect of his life, sometimes with great kindness, sometimes not. Having lost track of him I know not whether he changed before dying.

No comments:

Post a Comment