Thursday, March 2, 2017

ALTERATIONS ALWAYS REQUIRED

ALTERATIONS ALWAYS REQUIRED
Thursday, March 02, 2017

  Events may be awakenings small or great, especially when occurrences crack our perceptions and/or preconceived ideas. Yesterday I received notice that a man I know passed away. Jim was 72. I always thought he was older than me. Consequently in our fellowship I framed him incorrectly. A small thing, not a major issue but this morning I am again reminded how fallible I can be and must be careful of presumptions: Just because I know the Word does not specify Eve’s fruit in hand does not give me complete knowledge and knowledge of all Scripture. Especially when it comes to Eve’s daughters.
  Being aware of that which we lack may be as important, or even more critical, than what we do know.
  How so?
  Complacency is the enemy of Romans 12:1-3 diligent thinking that produces actions pleasing to God.
  Lord, I believe; help thou mine unbelief. (Mk.9:24)

EBB4  

No comments:

Post a Comment