Wednesday, March 15, 2017

SELECTIVITY

SELECTIVITY
Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Philippians 1:27-30 Only let your conversation be as it becometh the gospel of Christ: that whether I come and see you, or else be absent, I may hear of your affairs, that ye stand fast in one spirit, with one mind striving together for the faith of the gospel; And in nothing terrified by your adversaries: which is to them an evident token of perdition, but to you of salvation, and that of God. For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for his sake; Having the same conflict which ye saw in me, and now hear to be in me.         

  We, one and all, by God’s gift of free will, and the misbegotten exercise thereof at Eden, both enjoy and put up with our resultant conflicting nature; it being selective. This is not narrowly externally observed on my part. In reflecting on my exercise thereof, I too often see selectivity leaning toward preservation of comfort.
  I delight in Almighty Jehovah’s gifts beginning with trusting His Son, Jesus Christ, for His blessed saving redemption. His redemption centered in but not at all limited to the blessed assurance of being heaven-bound (Not as in eventual, but bound!); directive guidance, inner peace, confidence, lifelong purpose, to name a few.
  The gift that I do not prefer is summed up in Philippians 1:29. Suffering for His sake is also a gift from the father: (ISV) “For you have been given the privilege for the Messiah's sake not only to believe in him but also to suffer for him.”
EBB4

  

No comments:

Post a Comment