Monday, March 6, 2017

PRESERVATION

PRESERVATION
Monday, March 06, 2017

Luke 16:19-31 There was a certain rich man, which was clothed in purple and fine linen, and fared sumptuously every day: And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores, And desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table: moreover the dogs came and licked his sores. And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried; …
Luke 17:33 [Jesus explained] Whosoever shall seek to save his life shall lose it; and whosoever shall lose his life shall preserve it.
2Timothy 4:14-18 [Paul recounted] Alexander the coppersmith did me much evil: the Lord reward him according to his works: Of whom be thou ware also; for he hath greatly withstood our words. At my first answer no man stood with me, but all men forsook me: I pray God that it may not be laid to their charge. Notwithstanding the Lord stood with me, and strengthened me; that by me the preaching might be fully known, and that all the Gentiles might hear: and I was delivered out of the mouth of the lion. And the Lord shall deliver me from every evil work, and will preserve me unto his heavenly kingdom: to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.
Hebrews 9:27-28 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment: So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.
Revelation 3:5 He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.

  Man is paradox. He destroys life. He does everything he can to preserve life. He invests in destruction. He spends wealth on living as long as he can. Ultimate absurdity, man is sometimes commemorated by deadly weaponry named after him. Knowing he will eventually die anyway, man often seeks to preserve his name in the memories of others.
  Along with Jesus’ message of trust self or trust Him as Redeemer, He makes a point of personal (personnel?) recognition then and thereby memorializing a beggar’s name forever; Lazarus. But who was the “certain rich man”?
  I’m certain this detail wasn’t missed by the keen-minded analysis of those in His audience.
  Has it been missed by we that claim intimate knowledge of and relationship with Him? 

EBB4 

No comments:

Post a Comment