Friday, March 3, 2017

KINDA SORTA

KINDA SORTA
Friday, March 03, 2017

Proverbs [GW] 22:15; 29:15 Foolishness is firmly attached to a child's heart. Spanking will remove it far from him. … A spanking and a warning produce wisdom, but an undisciplined child disgraces his mother.
Ephesians 6:1-4 Children, obey your parents because you are Christians. This is the right thing to do.
"Honor your father and mother that everything may go well for you, and you may have a long life
earth." This is an important commandment with a promise.

  Growing up in a multi-generational home with ever present Grandmother Ida Mae McGee and Uncle Jim McGee continues to be a great blessing in my life.
  For some odd reason I didn’t then comprehend, at the time Grandmother didn’t accept my kinda- sorta explanations for what she considered my questionable activities. On occasion the result was a hot butt. Later, with maturation, the result is my heart warmed by astuteness. Thank you Grandmother!
  An astuteness that sees 2 deaths and property damage by fire and dismantling, the entire Johnson County Sherriff’s department called up for perimeter security, a large number of black clad state troopers and guards to quell and overwhelm, as a riot, not as a “disturbance”. Thank you Grandmother!
  Grandmother’s corporeal discipline produced mental, emotional, spiritual, and physical discipline. A discipline that distances me far from kinda-sorta thinking and actions. A discipline most importantly preparing me for not using denial when I was and am presently confronted with God’s plainspeak, the Bible, His Word.
  Thank you Lord for my Grandmother that you used to prepare my heart for Your glad service!

EBB4

No comments:

Post a Comment