Friday, March 17, 2017

JESUS' PERSONA

JESUS’ PERSONA
Friday, March 17, 2017

John [GW] 1:1-4, 14 In the beginning the Word already existed. The Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was already with God in the beginning. Everything came into existence through him. Not one thing that exists was made without him. He was the source of life, and that life was the light for humanity. … The Word became human and lived among us. We saw his glory. It was the glory that the Father shares with his only Son, a glory full of kindness and truth.
1John 1:1-2 The Word of life existed from the beginning. We have heard it. We have seen it. We observed and touched it. This life was revealed to us. We have seen it, and we testify about it. We are reporting to you about this eternal life that was in the presence of the Father and was revealed to us.

  I have not risen above the need to be taught, reminded, and provoked. I hope I never again think I have. I know I must constantly exercise in this area. Most often I do so alone, sometimes by God’s intrusions, sometimes by recruiting an exercise partner regardless of their age or level of knowledge.  In recruitment one of my favorite methods is inviting “Tell me something you think I need to know.” The invitee may answer immediately, sometimes blurting, other times responding later after more thought. (I am currently looking forward to response from a high school young lady.)
  Today, using a pointed topical question, I invite you to teach, remind, even provoke me if it pleases you to do so.
  Jesus was God Incarnate. He dwelled among us humanly for over 30 years. As The Incarnate One Jesus had human personality reflected in His behavior.
  The question: Beyond His sacrificial death, what aspects of His humanity, personality, do you appreciate most of all?
EBB4


PS. To move beyond a class of one, me (or is it “I”?), I’ll publish your answers as a DT next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment