Tuesday, May 1, 2018

A BROADER EXAMINATION


A BROADER EXAMINATION – A GETTING OUT OF THE BOAT THING

… train yourself for godliness; for while bodily training is of some value, godliness is of value in every way, as it holds promise for the present life and also for the life to come. The saying is trustworthy and deserving of full acceptance. [ESV 1Timothy chapter 4]

  An eventful week right up to drifting off last night. This morning I awoke thinking that in the pursuit of godliness I should broaden personal examination going beyond past ways of doing so. After prayerful ponderance I decided to think about the last year or so and make a list of both bad and good events by which I was touched.
  Pertaining to, here are questions arrived at:
1.       Did I fearlessly search God’s Word for applicable guidance?
2.       Did I fearlessly pray for all aspects, not just my feelings sad or glad?
3.       Did I go beyond the obvious and give thanks for all aspects?
4.       Did I fearlessly seeking His edification, praying for sight lessons beyond the visual bad or good?
5.       Have I taken time to consider Bible verses pertaining to the above 4 questions?
EBB4   Tuesday, May 01, 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment