Sunday, May 20, 2018

AM I A JEFFERSONIAN BIBLICIST?


AM I A JEFFERSONIAN BIBLICIST?

   Genesis 15:1   the Word of Jehovah came to Abram in a vision, saying, Fear not, Abram, I am your shield and your exceeding great reward.
   Exodus 3:13-14  And Moses said to God, Behold, when I come to the sons of Israel, and shall say to them, The God of your fathers has sent me to you, and they shall say to me, What is His name? What shall I say to them? And God said to Moses, I AM THAT I AM. And He said, So you shall say to the sons of Israel, I AM has sent me to you.

  In answering questions “What is deism?” and “What do deists believe?” GotQuestions.org explains: “Deism is essentially the view that God exists, but that He is not directly involved in the world. Deism pictures God as the great “clockmaker” who created the clock, wound it up, and let it go. A deist believes that God exists and created the world, but does not interfere with His creation. Deists deny the Trinity, the inspiration of the Bible, the deity of Christ, miracles, and any supernatural act of redemption or salvation. Deism pictures God as uncaring and uninvolved. Thomas Jefferson was a famous deist, referring often in his writings to “Providence.”
  Thomas Jefferson believed in what Grandmother McGee referred to as “Happenchance.” in later years shown on bumper stickers as crudity “S___  Happens”. Other common terms in kind are “It’s fate.” “By chance.” “As luck would have it.”
  My Dad acerbically illustrated this misbelieve saying there are those that believe God laid an egg then stood back to watch what might develop.
  Akin to this is the open view of God as a person: The belief that He indeed is more than us in all ways but nonetheless developing personality and a reactionary being that is surprised at our doings.
  Jehovah God Almighty is not startled, astonished, astounded, or flabbergasted by what we of His creation do. Nor does He act in response to what to us are unforeseen events!
  Here’s some applicable Bible text for our edification:

   Daniel [ESV] 4:34-35 At the end of the days I, Nebuchadnezzar, lifted my eyes to heaven, and my reason returned to me, and I blessed the Most High, and praised and honored him who lives forever, for his dominion is an everlasting dominion, and his kingdom endures from generation to generation; all the inhabitants of the earth are accounted as nothing, and he does according to his will among the host of heaven and among the inhabitants of the earth; and none can stay his hand or say to him, "What have you done?"
   Isaiah 44:6b-7 … I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God. And who, as I, shall call, and shall declare it, and set it in order for me, since I appointed the ancient people? and the things that are coming, and shall come, let them shew unto them.
Isaiah 46:9b-10 … I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is none like me, declaring the end from the beginning and from ancient times things not yet done, saying, 'My counsel shall stand, and I will accomplish all my purpose,'
   Romans 11:33-34 Oh, the depth of the riches and wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are his judgments and how inscrutable his ways! "For who has known the mind of the Lord, or who has been his counselor?"

  Deism is absolutely contrary to God’s sanctifying Truth. Believe it! I do.
  I am not a Jeffersonian Biblicist.
EBB4   Sunday, May 20, 2018


No comments:

Post a Comment