Friday, May 11, 2018

STRENGTH IN HEAVINESS


STRENGTH IN HEAVINESS 
… we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them. (Eph. Chapter 2)    

  In 1833 Webster published his English interpretation of Psalm 119:28: “My soul melteth for heaviness: strengthen thou me according to thy word.”
  There definitely are emotional times that weigh upon one’s soul, something we are well aware of.  
  Every day carries weight of testing, challenge, and reasons for sorrow. Choose heaviness to bear foremost on mind and our life is a crushing affair.  Grievous trials are suffered, and continue in coming; the world is in constant conflict, all things eventually diminish, loved ones leave us. Perfect a style of avoidance and compensation we may, but such exercise will not make the weigh go far away. It will remain near, and come rolling back upon one when struck heavily by yet another of life’s burdens.
  Whereas many years ago I exercised emotional set-aside of weight I could not bear, it is no longer my fashion. I’m equipped differently now: Even though initially after trusting the Word (Jn.1:1) my vision of life’s weightiness definitively increased in magnitude, Sovereign God’s salvation and gained knowledge of that which is present and future strengthens in way my past practice of compartmentalizing never did or could. 
  The Apostle Paul, a man far from practicing the exercise of deniability, appropriately advised “The night is far spent, the day is at hand: let us therefore cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armor of light.” (Rom.13:11-12)
  Jesus, man of many sorrows as He walked among men and in the end of His earth-walk bore the weight of all sin past, present, and future, spoke of relief that any person can appropriate, saying “I thank You, O Father, Lord of Heaven and earth, because You have hidden these things [Mt.11:1-24] from the sophisticated and cunning, and revealed them to babes. Even so, Father, for so it seemed good in Your sight. All things are delivered to Me by My Father. And no one knows the Son except the Father. Nor does anyone know the Father except the Son, and the one to whom the Son will reveal Him. Come to Me all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke on you and learn of Me, for I am meek and lowly in heart, and you shall find rest to your souls. For My yoke is easy, and My burden is light.” (MKJV Mt.11:25-30)
  My heart and mind are clear. Now on to breakfast while reading all the issues listed in the Omaha World-Herald. Will I today and thereafter encounter reason for weight of sorrow? Of course I shall, which is natural to this life. What is unnatural is godly strength available for me to handle the weight. 
EBB4   Friday, May 11, 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment