Monday, May 21, 2018

WHICH PURPOSE?


WHICH PURPOSE?

Matthew [GW] 18:14-17 In the same way, your Father in heaven does not want one of these little ones to be lost. "If a believer does something wrong, go, confront him when the two of you are alone. If he listens to you, you have won back that believer. But if he does not listen, take one or two others with you so that every accusation may be verified by two or three witnesses. If he ignores these witnesses, tell it to the community of believers. If he also ignores the community, deal with him as you would a heathen or a tax collector.

  Why should we do as the Lord commands in Matthew 18:14-17? There are Christ-centered Bible-based reasons. But there are also reasons centered in self.
  If primarily for personal, family, workplace, church, and/or community peace it tends to be all about me.
  If I align my thinking and activity Roman 12:1-3 2Corinthians 5:17 wise my reason is godly. It is then as a follower of Christ in submissive mind and body worship pleasing to God placing the “lost” above being a self-satisfied self-righteous Christian.
  How can I tell the difference on my part? By candid after-action reviews. If motivated correctly I’ve not primarily focused on the other party’s reaction whether good or bad. They may be delightful or react with resentment, rancor, and further severance. Review will reveal whether my purpose was to comply with God’s design for me, or not, “For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.” (KJV Eph.2:10)
  I pray we, if not already presently so, be tested in this area today.
EBB4   Monday, May 21, 2018

 

No comments:

Post a Comment