Monday, May 28, 2018

LIVING A MEMORIAL DAY LIFE


LIVING A MEMORIAL DAY LIFE  
Monday, May 28, 2018

   John [MKJV[ 5:30 [Jesus said] I can do nothing of My own self. As I hear, I judge, and My judgment is just, because I do not seek My own will, but the will of the Father who has sent Me.
   John 8:31b-32 [Jesus explained] … If you continue in My Word, you are My disciples indeed.  And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.
   1John 2:15-17 [Apostle John wrote]Do not love the world, nor the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him, because all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world. And the world passes away, and the lust of it, but he who does the will of God abides forever.

  It is of utmost importance that we presently live with correct perspective of life past, present, and future.
  The Apostle Paul wrote of this to young Timothy. (1Tim.4:12)
  “Tell those who have the riches of this world not to be arrogant and not to place their confidence in anything as uncertain as riches. Instead, they should place their confidence in God who richly provides us with everything to enjoy. Tell them to do good, to do a lot of good things, to be generous, and to share. By doing this they store up a treasure for themselves which is a good foundation for the future. In this way they take hold of what life really is.” (GW 1Tim.6:17-19)
  Where did Paul get such a counter-worldly principle to live by?
  From the Word: “I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep. But he that is an hireling, and not the shepherd, whose own the sheep are not, seeth the wolf coming, and leaveth the sheep, and fleeth: and the wolf catcheth them, and scattereth the sheep. The hireling fleeth, because he is an hireling, and careth not for the sheep. I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine. As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep. And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd. Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again. No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.” (GW 10:11-18) “And they crucified Him …” (Mt.27:35)
  Ours is a constant choice whether to live sacrificially as did Jesus, or to live in the employ of all this world has to offer.
  “And He[Jesus]said to all, If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow Me. For whoever will save his life shall lose it, but whoever will lose his life for My sake, he shall save it. For what is a man profited if he gains the whole world and loses himself, or is cast away? (MKJV Lk.9:23-25)
  Read any translation or version we like, but we must take note of the order of His direction; we don’t accompany Him as the practice of self-denial; we practice self-denial to facilitate following Him. (I speak of discipleship, not salvation; soteria: safety in His preservation.)
  Will you or I this day be dragged to some wooden cross and cruelly executed? Not likely. But we shall this day be repeatedly challenged to bear the cross of self-denial. So be it. 
EBB4 (Originally penned Tuesday, May 29, 2012)

No comments:

Post a Comment