Monday, May 7, 2018

STRENGTH THROUGH WEAKNESS


STRENGTH THROUGH WEAKNESS

   Proverbs [GW] 16:18 Pride precedes a disaster, and an arrogant attitude precedes a fall.
   Romans 1:16-17 I'm not ashamed of the Good News. It is God's power to save everyone who believes, Jews first and Greeks as well. God's approval is revealed in this Good News. This approval begins and ends with faith as Scripture says, "The person who has God's approval will live by faith."
   Romans 12:1-3 Brothers and sisters, in view of all we have just shared about God's compassion, I encourage you to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, dedicated to God and pleasing to him. This kind of worship is appropriate for you. Don't become like the people of this world. Instead, change the way you think. Then you will always be able to determine what God really wants-what is good, pleasing, and perfect.   Because of the kindness that God has shown me, I ask you not to think of yourselves more highly than you should. Instead, your thoughts should lead you to use good judgment based on what God has given each of you as believers.
   2Corinthians 12:8-10  I begged the Lord three times to take it away from me. But he told me: "My kindness [grace G5485 χάρις; charis; khar'-ece From G5463; graciousness (as gratifying), of manner or act (abstract or concrete; literal, figurative or spiritual; especially the divine influence upon the heart, and its reflection in the life; including gratitude): - acceptable, benefit, favour, gift, grace (-ious), joy liberality, pleasure, thank (-s, -worthy).]  is all you need. My power is strongest when you are weak." So I will brag even more about my weaknesses in order that Christ's power will live in me. Therefore, I accept weakness, mistreatment, hardship, persecution, and difficulties suffered for Christ. It's clear that when I'm weak, I'm strong.

  Feelings of inadequacy are typically perceived as weakness contrary to strength. When in reality the confessing to feelings of and actualities of inadequacies is fertile ground for God’s grace. To think otherwise is pridefulness discounting God’s grace that strengthens. Let us not think more highly of ourselves and live apart from God’s sufficiency.
EBB4   Monday, May 07, 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment