Wednesday, August 1, 2018

ABIDING IN GOD FOR STRENGTH


ABIDING IN GOD FOR STRENGTH
Wednesday, August 01, 2018

   Joshua 24:14-15 Now therefore fear the LORD, and serve him in sincerity and in truth: and put away the gods which your fathers served on the other side of the flood, and in Egypt; and serve ye the LORD. And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD. [Note Rev.3:15-16]
   Hebrews chapter 11 [Hall of faith.] … These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth. [verse 13]

  The Boy Scouts of America didn’t come up with the important principle of whenever possible to “Be Prepared” prior to time of need. Nor did my family prior to my joining the Scouts. Neither did their ancestors. Not even my Uncle Gordon Bevans that taught me much, including, “It’s better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.”
  The Word Everlasting did so. (Jn.1:1)
  Unfortunately there are Christians that live unprepared. They’re not exercising in God’s Way and when stress comes they are as easily shaken as leaves in the wind. Early in His ministry on earth Jesus referred to this very thing. Our prime example is Lord Jesus Christ; the Word (Jn.1:1); the Way (Jn.14:6-12). He established early on in His Incarnate ministry that He is Strength . . . asking the crowd what they expected to see; a reed trembling in a breeze? (Mt.11:7)
  I read of this strength in characters in Scripture, especially the list in Hebrews 11. (And they didn’t have or understand all that we now do.)  I observe this strength in people I know, and have known, my beloved Ann for one.
  I well remember the day we were informed Ann had a fatal incurable disease that is so rare that the health industry invests little or no money toward its prevention or cure. Of course I didn’t like the news, but I well remember Ann’s lifelong overarching attitude: We know we die, the difference being having advance notice, and though she loved family and friend, she had always looked forward to what she referred to as “The ultimate healing.” And so we observed her life prior to and during those last months and final days: Her only change was in body.
  There is much in the Word exemplified and written to prepare us with daily and advance strength.
Though there is many more, I here mention two large, one for now and one for eventually leaving this world.
·         2Timothy [GW] 3:16-17 [Paul explained] “Every Scripture passage is inspired by God. All of them are useful for teaching, pointing out errors, correcting people, and training them for a life that has God's approval. They equip God's servants so that they are completely prepared to do good things.”
·         John [GW] 14:1-2 [Jesus said]"Don't be troubled. Believe in God, and believe in me. My Father's house has many rooms. If that were not true, would I have told you that I'm going to prepare a place for you?”
  Don’t wait for the gales of life or the cold winds of death, abide in Him, be prepared! 
EBB4

No comments:

Post a Comment