Friday, August 31, 2018

7.2 MILES


7.2 MILES
Friday, August 31, 2018

   Psalm [GW] 40:1-5 For the choir director; a psalm by David. I waited patiently for the LORD. He turned to me and heard my cry for help. He pulled me out of a horrible pit, out of the mud and clay. He set my feet on a rock and made my steps secure. He placed a new song in my mouth, a song of praise to our God. Many will see this and worship. They will trust the LORD. Blessed is the person who places his confidence in the LORD and does not rely on arrogant people or those who follow lies. You have done many miraculous things, O LORD my God. You have made many wonderful plans for us. No one compares to you! I will tell others about your miracles, which are more than I can count.
   John 8:31-32 So Jesus said to those Jews who believed in him, "If you live by what I say, you are truly my disciples. You will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."

  The trekking began as soon as we detrailered our semi-recumbents. 7.2 miles (10 year old grandson is A Measurer.) of delightful travel ending at Doozies to dine. And the real journey blessedly continued as ever does.
  The man, John, chatted with us a bit after introductions as we stood at the order counter. As I attempted paying hr said to the cashier, “This is on me because I see good people here.” equaling blessing #1 of that moment. Blessing #2 was my awareness of Jesus’ freedom from guilt, one of Biblical maturations that I thoroughly enjoy as before knowing Him I would have felt guilty.
  How great is God’s love that changes our lives!
EBB4

No comments:

Post a Comment