Wednesday, August 15, 2018

THE EXPENSE OF IMPATIENCE


THE EXPENSE OF IMPATIENCE
Wednesday, August 15, 2018

   Psalm [GW] 40 I waited patiently for the LORD. He turned to me and heard my cry for help. He pulled me out of a horrible pit, out of the mud and clay. He set my feet on a rock and made my steps secure. He placed a new song in my mouth, a song of praise to our God. Many will see this and worship. They will trust the LORD. Blessed is the person who places his confidence in the LORD …

  I keep thinking it’s time to start pondering another topic, and discover it is not . . . this itself revealing impatience on my part. I recall disciplinarians saying “We’re done when I say we’re done!” and so it is with God’s Holy Spirit.
  I awoke this morning again thinking about the expense of impatience. Not so much about the costs still invisible to us, but the ones we now know about, some of which are under the heading of our hearing “If you had just waited I planned on …..” Those regrettable grievous times we immaturely thought we couldn’t endure waiting! Those tribulations of our own making that we now learn from.
  Let us consider these things, apply, and thereby bless the Lord.
EBB4

No comments:

Post a Comment