Monday, August 13, 2018

EYEBALLING PATIENCE


EYEBALLING PATIENCE
Monday, August 13, 2018

Romans [GW] 5:1-5 Now that we have God's approval by faith, we have peace with God because of what our Lord Jesus Christ has done. Through Christ we can approach God and stand in his favor. So we brag because of our confidence that we will receive glory from God. But that's not all. We also brag when we are suffering. We know that suffering creates endurance [KJV “patience”], endurance creates character, and character creates confidence. We're not ashamed to have this confidence, because God's love has been poured into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us. [Also note “steadfastness” in James 1:1-4]

  I’m still pondering patience.
  Patience very much often involves our tense contrariness in what we can’t see and our thereby becoming impatient and missing what is not yet in sight. A cure? A career improvement? Opportunity(s)? Accrued benefits? (Rom.5:1-5)
  Andre’e Sue Peterson says she sees “Waiting is the laboratory of the godly character. We have it all backward when we think our best times are our happy and successful times. It’s just the opposite. I have nothing against happiness and success, but nobody ever learned much by them.”
  My dear Pennsylvania Dutch Aunt Edith often stated “The hurrieder I go the behinder I get!”
  This is absolutely true in my history. I learned some through happiness and success. I learned much more through difficulties, sadness and failures.
  And you?
EBB4

PS. Don’t forget your opportunity to minister to others by sharing what you’ve learned about patience and/or your experiences getting there and/or living therein. I’ll publish your responses this Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment