Tuesday, June 11, 2019

A BUSHEL OF CHEESE


A BUSHEL OF CHEESE
Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Matthew 5:14-16 [Jesus explained to His followers]  Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid. Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house. Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

  The bushel may not always look like a basket.
  Yesterday I had both Physical and Occupational Therapy. OT in previous session tested me to see if I could do laundry, including folding clothes. Yesterday, still sweating from PT, I was to make peanut butter cookies but there was not an egg to be found so I was instructed to make a grilled cheese sandwich (Without necessitating a visit by Omaha Fire Dept. or being rushed next door to the ER?) I did so satisfying the therapist that I was a capably safe old fellow. What she didn’t know was that for a brief flash I was not spiritually secured.
  Eaten with salsa the grilled cheese sandwich was without doubt the most expensive one I’ve ever ingested. I momentarily sensed this expensive thought suppressing my light. Thankfully it quickly lifted and I was able to enjoy the sandwich and therapist’s company lightly.
EBB4

No comments:

Post a Comment