Monday, June 10, 2019

EAASY PEASY?


EASY PEASY?
Monday, June 10, 2019

  Romans [ESV] 6:1-2 What shall we say then? Are we to continue in sin that grace may abound? By no means! How can we who died to sin still live in it?
  1John 3:9 No one born of God makes a practice of sinning, for God's seed abides in him, and he cannot keep on sinning because he has been born of God.
  2Timothy 2:1-3 You then, my child, be strengthened by the grace that is in Christ Jesus, and what you have heard from me in the presence of many witnesses entrust to faithful men who will be able to teach others also. Share in suffering as a good soldier of Christ Jesus.

  Again I awakened thinking about godliness, “O to be like Him” attitude being central to facilitation. That which I know of Him from studying His Word, I am to emulate. Because of my upbringing and societal, including much Christian philosophy, this is not always an easy automatic thing to do. I’m expected to always be nice according to peoples’ expectations, but is God nice according to society’s expectations? God is Omniscient Authoritative Sovereign, in all of these traits contrary to this man’s natural nature.
  Wisdom has never come naturally to me. God is All-wise. James (1:5) wrote that if I lack wisdom I should ask God, and without putting me down He will generously give it to me. Even this can be problematic to my old nature, it responding “You want me to write that?!!”- His Word being largely a book of boundaries defining our responsibilities from start to finish, as it was for Adam and every person since. Acting out Biblical godliness will not always be nice.
  From Jude I hear, and to you I say “May mercy, peace, and love be multiplied to you. Beloved, although I was very eager to write to you about our common salvation, I found it necessary to write appealing to you to contend for the faith that was once for all delivered to the saints.”
EBB4
 
PS. For those interested further: Using concordance look up “godly” (KJV 15 times) and “godliness” (15 times) and be edified by reading and considering in context.

No comments:

Post a Comment