Sunday, June 2, 2019

BED-RAGGLED


BED – RAGGLED – LOVE THYSELF
Sunday, June 2, 2019

Matthew 22:37-40 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.   

  There are mornings when I look in the mirror and see hair all messed up. Eyes that don’t want to stay open and a mouth without dentures! And I think of a word one of my friends used. She was showing me a plant her husband had given her and said, “He brought it home in the back of the truck, so it looks a little bed-raggled.”
  I don’t like myself when I look bed-raggled, so I wash my face, comb my hair, and put my dentures in. When I no longer look bed-raggled I like myself again.
  It sometimes feels like my life is bed-raggled because of cross words or other problems and at these times it’s hard to remember that God wants me to love myself. It is hard to love someone else if we don’t love and respect ourselves, so it behooves us to not let our lives stay bed-raggled.
Leslie Nivens

No comments:

Post a Comment