Friday, June 14, 2019

DELIVERANCE IS NOT WITHOUT TRUSTING FOOTSTEPS


DELIVERANCE IS NOT WITHOUT TRUSTING FOOTSTEPS
Friday, June 14, 2019

Revelation [GW] 3:19-21 I correct and discipline everyone I love. Take this seriously, and change the way you think and act. Look, I'm standing at the door and knocking. If anyone listens to my voice and opens the door, I'll come in and we'll eat together. I will allow everyone who wins the victory to sit with me on my throne, as I have won the victory and have sat down with my Father on his throne.

  “Let go and let God.” Really?!
  One of the greatest misconceptions is in the area of God’s protection and deliverance; expectations contrary to His Word. Especially the non-Biblical idea that God delivers sans compliant responsibility on our part. Beginning with Adam and Eve God gave instructions on continuing preservation and deliverance. They did not comply, hence their banishment, angst, determination, pain and eventual death.
  Our walk in preservation and deliverance is our responsibility. Trust and obey is the only way.
  The exodus from Egypt is a prime example among others that teaches us how God’s deliverance works. God does not simply deliver apart from giving responsibility in His provided deliverance. He may miraculously open a path of deliverance, but we are responsible for walking between the frightening walls of water or gathering His provided manna on a hot dusty plain. As we read His Word let us take note of these examples of deliverance and act according to please Him. Remember, it is we, not He that must turn the door knobs.
EBB4

PS. Considering the whole counsel of God, His Word to us, what do you think would be if Adam had said “No, thank you!”

No comments:

Post a Comment