Tuesday, June 25, 2019

VICTORY OVER DEPRESSION


VICTORY OVER DEPRESSION
Tuesday, June 25, 2019

  Philippians [ESV] 4:4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice.
  1Corinthians 10:13 No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it.

  The topic of depression is ever with us. Depression itself need not be.
  When I was young I suffered depression during an all-about-me-life-not-going-as I-thought-it-should period of time. My wonderful Christian mentors, having been there, directed me to Christ-centered Word-based literature. Decades later involvement in Overcomers “A Guide to Victorious Living” reinforced my healthiness. For those suffering I recommend several of the books that, when the Biblical truths therein are consistently applied provide success.
·         Blue Denim and Lace, by Pastor Jack Hyles
·         Decision Making & The Will of God, A Biblical Alternative to the Traditional View, by Gary Friesen with J. Robin Maxson
·         How To Win Over Depression, by Tim LeHaye
·         Make Anger Your Ally, Harnessing One of Your Most Powerful Emotions, by Neil Clark Warren
·         Happiness is a Choice, by Frank Minireth & Paul Meier
·         BOUNDARIES, When to Say Yes or No, Taking Control of Your Life, Drs. Cloud & Townsend
  Finally, dear brethren, rejoice! Grow in maturation; encourage yourselves and others; mind the same thing; be at peace. And the God of love and peace will be with you. (2Cor.13:11) 
EBB4

No comments:

Post a Comment