Sunday, June 9, 2019

WATCH WHERE YOU'RE GOING!


WATCH WHERE YOU’RE GOING

  Matthew 14:24-31 But the ship was now in the midst of the sea, tossed with waves: for the wind was contrary. And in the fourth watch of the night Jesus went unto them, walking on the sea. And when the disciples saw him walking on the sea, they were troubled, saying, It is a spirit; and they cried out for fear. But straightway Jesus spake unto them, saying, Be of good cheer; it is I; be not afraid. And Peter answered him and said, Lord, if it be thou, bid me come unto thee on the water. And he said, Come. And when Peter was come down out of the ship, he walked on the water, to go to Jesus. But when he saw the wind boisterous, he was afraid; and beginning to sink, he cried, saying, Lord, save me. And immediately Jesus stretched forth his hand, and caught him, and said unto him, O thou of little faith, wherefore didst thou doubt?
  Hebrews 12:1-2 Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

  “Watch where you’re going!” I can still hear my mother’s voice repeating those words. And believe me, she had plenty of practice with my two sisters and me!
  I am sure I used that phrase often enough with my two children and now I hear my daughter and daughter-in-law say it to my grandchildren.
  God’s Word says it to all of us. Over and over! When Peter stepped out of the boat he was going to Jesus and everything was fine as long as he looked where he was going. But the minute he looked away from Jesus toward the waves he was in trouble!
  We need to always be looking unto Jesus,
Leslie Nivens

No comments:

Post a Comment