Sunday, August 4, 2019

LISTENING?


LISTENING FOR HIS VOICE

Psalm [MKJV] 19:1-3 To the Chief Musician. A Psalm of David. The heavens declare the glory of God; and the expanse proclaims His handiwork. Day to day pours forth speech, and night to night reveals knowledge. There is no speech nor are there words; their voice is not heard. [1Kings 19:11-12; Job 4:15-21; Rom.1:17-21]

  Years ago, out on the farm, my husband and I spent many quiet evenings lying on cots out in the yard looking at the night sky. On clear nights it seemed you could see forever and in the stillness, if we listened long enough, it seemed we could hear a sound that we never heard any other time. On stormy nights the blackness closed around us and at that time we could hear the sound of God’s handiwork without even trying.
  I have found it true in life – there are times when I have to stop and listen for the still small voice, but I know that if I am patient I will hear it!
Leslie Nivens

No comments:

Post a Comment