Thursday, August 15, 2019

THE BRIDGE


THE BRIDGE
Thursday, August 15, 2019

John [ESV] 15:5 I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing.

  July/August Saturday evening Post magazine presents an interesting article on bridging the psychological gap between work and retirement, something that is quite stressful for some. (My grandfather had a stroke medically attributed to not having vocation beyond his work years.) The article includes tips on how one may survive and prosper after crossing the work/retirement gap.  A good list, but of course it being The Post, lacking Biblical direction. Specifically the truth of Philippians 3:13-15 “… one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus. Let those of us who are mature think this way, and if in anything you think otherwise, God will reveal that also to you.”
  Purposefully serving our Lord overarches all changes, whether children off to school, later empty nest, death of loved ones, retiring, being widowed, or any of the many possible gaps in life. Without Him, whether obvious or not, the gaps are fruitless spiritual chasms.
EBB4

No comments:

Post a Comment