Monday, July 8, 2019

ACCEPTING TRUTH


ACCEPTING WHAT GOD SAYS
Monday, July 08, 2019

  Authentic belief always produces results. This includes living free. (Jn.8:36) God’s Word explains this both in general and specifically in reference to The Word living and written.
  When my being sinful and ignorant of needing Jesus the Redeemer was pointed out to me by faithful witness Bud Bond, I believed what I then considered obvious about myself and all others and then trusted Jesus for salvation. (Bud always had me read applicable Scripture aloud to him, then asked “What does the Word say?”)
  Later, in further study I discovered “resurrection” wasn’t to only be physically realized and celebrated as a future calendar event. Not as obvious to me as something beyond trusting “Going to heaven!” I didn’t readily accept “the power of His resurrection”. (Phil.3:10) Later I did, and am glad for it, relieved by it.
  Then casually, then carefully, as encouraged to I studied believers’ designation of “saint”. Stuck in familial teaching received in youth, I did not initially agree to the fact even though much Scripture addresses the followers of Lord Jesus Christ as such. (KJV: “saint” twice; “saints” 96 times.) Why didn’t I accept the designation according to God’s Word?
  In my belief “sinner” held me from trusting what the Word living and written addresses His redeemed as; saint! Now this is no longer a problem. However, being one of His saints and acting saintly every single moment of the day is.
  Lord, help thou my unbelief! (Mk.9:24) 
EBB4
 

No comments:

Post a Comment