Sunday, July 14, 2019

I'M FINE


I’M FINE

Philippians 4:6-7, 11-12 Be careful [be anxious about] for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. … Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content. I know both how to be abased, and I know how to abound: every where and in all things I am instructed both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need

  When people greet me, “Hi, how are you?” I always say “I’m fine.”
  I figured if I’m alright I don’t have anything about which to complain and if I’m not alright, no one wants to hear me complain anyway! A new neighbor asked me recently how I could always be so cheerful since I lived alone. I laughed and told him, “Living alone doesn’t have anything to do with it. It’s a lot easier on you to be cheerful than it is to be depressed .”
  Come to think of it: I had God on my side so I really wasn’t alone anyway!
Leslie Nivens


No comments:

Post a Comment