Tuesday, July 16, 2019

GOOD ENUF?


GOOD ENUF?
Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Exodus [GW] 20:1-7 Then God spoke all these words: "I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of slavery in Egypt. "Never have any other god. Never make your own carved idols or statues that represent any creature in the sky, on the earth, or in the water. Never worship them or serve them, because I, the LORD your God, am a God who does not tolerate rivals. I punish children for their parents' sins to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me. But I show mercy to thousands of generations of those who love me and obey my commandments. "Never use the name of the LORD your God carelessly. The LORD will make sure that anyone who carelessly uses his name will be punished.

  We can never be good enough to go to heaven. The reason being is the entry standard is the sterling character of Jehovah God Almighty, His glory being humanly unattainable. (Rom.3:23) Thankfully, He, in His love for us made a way. (Jn.3:16; Rom.5:1-21) Then what did God Incarnate, Jesus (Jn.1:1), mean when He stated “If you love me, you will keep my commandments.” (Jn.14:15; 15:10) Was He saying that to go to heaven we must qualify by obedience to commandments? No, not at all. Jesus was stating just the opposite.
  John again made this plain in later writing: “We know that we love God's children when we love God by obeying his commandments. To love God means that we obey his commandments.” (GW 1Jn.5) Keeping the commandments is not a qualifier, doing so is the quality product of our love for Him! Any persons otherwise are Matthew 7:21-23 unredeemed culturally religious Christians that use His name without properly caring.
EBB4

No comments:

Post a Comment