Sunday, July 7, 2019

CHILDREN

CHILDREN

Luke 18:15-17

 In the first apartment complex where I lived after Hugh died, there were lots of children. They were nearly all from broken homes and every day they came to see me for homemade bread, candy, games and to be held and rocked.
  One day I gathered balloons that had been left at the church after a wedding. I tied them in such a way that when I took them from the van they made a cloud of color 20 feet or so in the air. The children came running to ask if I was selling them. I told them “No.” That I would give one to each one of them that asked their mother if they could go to church with me.
  That evening I took 15 of those precious little ones to hear the Word of God. Later that evening a 9 year old boy came to my apartment to ask to talk to me about being saved. Thanks to balloons and the Holy Spirit [and Leslie’s commitment!] I had the privilege of leading that child to Christ.
Leslie Nivens

No comments:

Post a Comment