Sunday, July 21, 2019

THANK THE LORD!


THANK THE LORD!

Philippians [MKJV] 4:6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God.

 He was 9 years old when I first saw him. He had been struck by an automobile while riding his bike. When I went on duty that night I was assigned to the ICU and he just lay – paralyzed from the neck down; tubes everywhere – and the most beautiful blue eyes sparkling with mischief even then.
  Many weeks later he was moved to another floor. One day I went by to see him and on the door of his room was a sign: “Thank the Lord, ANYWAY!”
  He only lived to be seventeen and never knew any life outside our hospital, yet he never ceased to live by those words.
  Oh, if only I could do so well!
Leslie Nivens

No comments:

Post a Comment