Monday, July 22, 2019

OUR PLANS VERSUS GOD'S SIGHT


GODS PLAN VERSUS OUR PLANS
Monday, July 22, 2019

The book of Habakkuk   

Matthew [MKJV] 11:25-30 At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank You, O Father, Lord of Heaven and earth, because You have hidden these things from the sophisticated and cunning, and revealed them to babes. Even so, Father, for so it seemed good in Your sight. All things are delivered to Me by My Father. And no one knows the Son except the Father. Nor does anyone know the Father except the Son, and the one to whom the Son will reveal Him. Come to Me all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke on you and learn of Me, for I am meek and lowly in heart, and you shall find rest to your souls. For My yoke is easy, and My burden is light.

Omniscience; OMNIS'CIENCE, OMNIS'CIENCY, n. [L. omnis, all, and scientia, knowledge.]
The quality of knowing all things at once; universal knowledge; knowledge unbounded or infinite. Omniscience is an attribute peculiar to God. [Webster’s 1828 dictionary.]   

  Ten years or so after the austerity of WWII income and availability were prospering. Family members received their first double digit raise, 10 cents! One of my uncles, a pal, decided he could afford a new car, homing in on the Oldsmobile 98 model. When he finally selected the color he proudly said “I’ll take it!” . . . and the salesman replied as was typical in that era, “We’ll have it ready for you tomorrow afternoon.” . . . and Uncle Elmer declared for all to hear “I drive it out of this showroom now or not at all!!” . . . and he did; this a perfect illustration of latter era American common position of instant gratification: Tragically an attitude among too many Christians when they pray, our expectations of occasion and placement commonly involving human impatience in conflict with God’s timetable.
   Read the book of Habakkuk as it is framed in the Biblical record. The prayers were not answered until 70 years had elapsed, and so it is many times with our little view as opposed to Jehovah God Almighty’s omniscience.
  Most personal I think of Ann’s last suffering days, she prayerfully stating to caregiver R.N. daughter Heather, “Why is this taking so long? I’ve been ready for quite some time.” As it turned out there was a seen reason. In the future I expect to understand others as Ann soon did.
  Sometimes we see, other times not now. Either way our characteristic should be to trust Him in all things for they are His.
EBB4

No comments:

Post a Comment