Tuesday, July 9, 2019

CHRISTIAN THINKING VERSUS GOD'S WAYS


CHRISTIAN THINKING VERSUS GOD’S WAYS
Tuesday, July 09, 2019

  Isaiah [ESV] 55:5-9 Behold, you shall call a nation that you do not know, and a nation that did not know you shall run to you, because of the LORD your God, and of the Holy One of Israel, for he has glorified you. "Seek the LORD while he may be found; call upon him while he is near; let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts; let him return to the LORD, that he may have compassion on him, and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon. For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.
  Romans 12:1-3 I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship. Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect. For by the grace given to me I say to everyone among you not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think, but to think with sober judgment, each according to the measure of faith that God has assigned.

  Our ideas often are in conflict with Jehovah God Almighty’s ways. This thought occurred to me during Pastor Mike’s preaching on Habakkuk Sunday morning. In particular I thought of those of us pleading with God to heal our nation as it continues morally spiraling downward; our expectation being a wonderful exciting great glorious awakening revival. But when I consider His recorded history of correcting nations, especially Israel, it may be a long-term purging by invaders on fast horses.
  Let us beware egocentric thoughts.
EBB4

No comments:

Post a Comment