Thursday, July 25, 2019

DUMPSTER?


DUMPSTER?

  Last May Mark & I celebrated our 28th wedding anniversary (American Wedding). A month prior to our anniversary I told Mark, “You know we should take 2 days off on our anniversary.” Mark’s quick response was, “Good idea and we should get a dumpster.” “So much for romance!”, I responded laughing. That became our running joke and we even told few of our co-workers. It had been few years that we had planned to get a dumpster because our attic & basement was such a colossal mess, but there was always something that held us back: either lack of money, health issues, or weather. Well, this year it is seemed the only thing that would be a problem is time or weather. Our manager approved our request for days off and since May is cooler I said, “Ok then dumpster it is.”
  When we came back from work, during our lunch break, a young lady co-worker cornered me with a disapproving look in her face and said to me, “You know Lordina, if my __(name of the live in partner) pulled on me what Mark did to you on your anniversary, he’d be in big trouble!” I didn’t say anything. I just laughed for I know this woman’s lovelife- how chaotic and unstable it is.
  If romanticism is measured by surprising your loved one with bouquet of flowers, box of chocolates, buying material gift like jewelry, dinner date, throwing a party, etc., then Mark fails. However, my husband is romantic in his own way. He expresses it in simple gestures like without reason, he would give me a hug and whisper “Love you Babe.” At work when in playful mood would blow me a kiss or mouth the word, “Love you,” or “mahal kita” (which also means I love you) as I pass by him at his work area. Or while driving all of the sudden he would pat my leg, or how he teases me saying, “You are the best wife I ever had!” My quick come back for that is, “ Yes, I am!” Haha! Or whenever I start to get worried about our financial situation he would make me laugh by saying (in a funny accent), “At least we got our love to keep us warm.”
  I don’t recall who said this to me, but I remember someone saying something to the effect of, ” it is not how you celebrate your anniversary that matters most. It is how your treat or celebrate each other daily.”
  “Flowers fade & die. Jewelry will lost its value and be forgotten. Hugs and kisses and loving words will forever be etched in our hearts & minds,” I say.
1 Corinthians 13: 4- 7 The Way Love Behaves “Love is patient. Love shows-kindness. Love does not envy, does not brag, is not puffed-up, does not behave-dishonorably[e], does not seek its own things, is not provoked, does not count the bad, does not rejoice over unrighteousness, but rejoices-with the truth,  bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.” Disciples Literal New Testament
LordinaJuly 23, 2019


No comments:

Post a Comment